Skip to content
How to Fold the Flag
- Have two people stand on either end of the flag, holding a corner in each hand.
- Fold the flag in half twice width-wise.
- Beginning at the striped end, bring one corner of the folded edge to the opposite side of the flag, forming a triangle.
- Bring the point inward to form another triangle.
- Repeat this triangular folding until only a small strip of the star field shows.
- Tuck this strip into the triangle.
Meaning of Each Fold
- The first fold of the flag is a symbol of life
- The second fold of the flag is a symbol of a belief in eternal life
- The third fold is a symbol of honor and remembrance of veterans.
- The fourth fold is a symbol of weakness.
- The fifth fold is a tribute to our country.
- The sixth fold is where our hearts lie.
- The seventh fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces.
- The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, so that we may see the light.
- The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood
- The tenth fold is a tribute to fathers
- The eleventh fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David & King Solomon, glorifying the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.
- The twelfth fold represents the emblem of eternity and glorifies the God of the Father, the Son & Holy Ghost.
- When the folds are complete, the stars are uppermost and remind us of our national motto, "In God we Trust."
- The flag will resemble a cocked hat, representing soldiers, Marines & Sailors of the past & present.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.